Thursday, December 1, 2016

Wyoming Wrangler...my next hero?


Originally posted at SHAPESHIFTER SEDUCTION

December howls and yowls, shapeshifter lovers. 

A month of various holiday celebrations is here, and I hope yours is wonderful. Currently, I'm a bit under the weather, and having the treat myself with natural supplements just to get the routine stuff done. You know how that can go. At least, I'm not near as bad as a lot of folks—this particular allergy-illness seems to be happening all over. So, take care of yourself. 

Anyway, I'm still finishing up the last chapters of BLACK CAT BEAUTY. Yep, the best laid plans go awry. I wish I'd been able to republish a month ago. 

So, I miss writing flash scenes that take place in my fictional world of Wolf Peak Territory. But time and enough energy... well, it's just not there. Apologies. 

Okay, I'm considering which of my WIPS to use for this project, as described in a previous post. That is: ***A bunch of us authors at ROMANCE WRITERS BEHAVING BADLY ~http://romancewritersbehavingbadly.blogspot.com~ ...are looking at doing a BOXED SET of contemporary erotic romance.*** 

One of my WIPS is temporarily titled, Wyoming Wrangler ... a contemporary cowboy paranormal erotic romance... love those sexy, down to earth cowboys. 

... WOW! An unwanted adventure just interrupted writing this post ... all of a sudden,  no internet, no phone ... it's dark outside when I check my connection, and I'm fumbling around to open the phone box... well, it turns out the neighbor's cows have just pulled my phone line with their big hooves enough to end the connection ... fortunately, I could put it back well enough to regain connection, despite the pulled wires ... yeah, don't ask why it's such a rinky dink setup, but it is... 

But anyway, here's a short unedited snippet of how Wyoming Wrangler begins... 

Daletori  watched the woman he’d been watching ever since he’d first seen her three weeks ago at the Corral, the local whet-your-whistle bar and nighttime Western dance club. 

She’d been coming to the Corral regular on Friday and Saturday nights. Right now, Bruce, the local butthead, had her cornered at the far end of the bar, demanding a dance. She’d already refused him several times in a ladylike way. Crowding her like a bull in rut, he leaned inches away from her face while his beefy hand took hold of her upper arm.  

"You know you want it," Bruce snorted in what he believed was a turn on to women. "You want to get laid." 

"Get away from me. I want a real man..." she began. 

"Oh, you'll get a real man, honey. We'll start with dancin'. Get you all horny and hot." 

Daletori saw red, to put it mildly. Setting his beer down, he rocked forward, and in the same movement gained his feet. Given his tread was naturally silent, Bruce didn’t hear his approach. 

“Hands off. The lady said no.” 

Bruce whipped around, moving his bulk surprisingly fast. His gaze narrowed. “You gotta claim? If so, no one told me.” 

“Ain’t got no claim yet. Thinkin’ about it, though.” He had been thinking about it, night and day day and night. However, nothing was straightforward, and she wasn’t one of them. 

“Make a claim now,” Bruce snarled for his ears only, “or, go nurse that sissy stuff you and your kin call beer.” 

“Shoulda knowed better’n to let your kin settle here,” he quietly aimed toward Bruce’s ear. 

“Wow,” the woman interrupted, her tone overly enthusiastic. “I had no clue you could talk, cowboy.”

Daletori knew she’d spoken to end their male confrontation. Already, he envisioned his fist smashing into Bruce's ugly face. 

~~~~~~ 

BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5506268940242484050Run on the Wild Side of Romance  

Kisses, Savanna Kougar

No comments:

Post a Comment