Thursday, January 19, 2017

Oops, Crash and Burn...


Wyoming Cowboy 

New Day Howls and Yowls, shapeshifter lovers. 

So last week, I had started a blog about the latest story I'm penning... that is, was *penning* for a BOXED SET... the whole venture has blown up, and blown apart... why? ... lack of clear communication about the heat level of the stories... seems as though the author who put forth the parameters and asked for participation wanted  sensual and steamy romance, however she included erotic romance as an option without saying she wanted 'tamed down' erotic romance.., well, the rest of us just assumed: okay we're writing erotic romance like regular... okay, that turned out to be a big dramatic problem, that ended in the yahoo planning loop being obliterated ... whatever ... if I knew how to do BOXED SETS I'd try it, given several of us would still like to go forward ... but I don't really have a clue about how to go about it, as far as formatting, and such... to be honest, I don't know if I have the energy and time... it's been tough these past several weeks ... and this morning a connector hose on the hot water heater sprung several leaks ... at least, I could simply turn the hot water off ... but the problem still has to be solved, since my attempted solution DID NOT work... at this point, I'm hoping to order a new connector hose online, if I can find the right one... ~sighs~  

Anyway, last week I was going to explain a bit about the hero of my WYOMING SPACE ALIENS 'contemporary' erotic romance, that I was writing for the now nonexistent BOXED SET... "My hero, Dale for short...his first name is Daletori... is a true Wyoming cowboy, a horse wrangler. However, he's not exactly an Earth human. True, two of his grandparents are pure Earth human...however, his people are known as the Rahtoul, and they arrived on Earth in the 1930s. Having a natural affinity for the ranching way of life, this original group of ETs established a small town and community in the midst of the Wyoming wildlands...yeah, the wonderful Western state of Wyoming is not that populated. Is it? 

Why did the Rahtoul come to Earth...well, it has to do with *freedom* ... the culture of freedom for ALL sentient beings throughout the galaxy, as a whole. For, as it's said, the cost of freedom is eternal vigilance—to paraphrase Thomas Jefferson. [Quotation: "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."] ... yep, this is true even in a galaxy far, far away. Oh, and since this will be the Chinese Year of the Fire Rooster or the Fire Cock ... well, how much naughty fun is that?" 

Currently, given it was yesterday that the CRASH AND BURN happened... I'm not certain what my next move will be. I'm at ground zero, given my WYOMING WRANGLER story was tailored for this BOXED SET, and I don't really think this novella works as a stand alone... not right now. 

Yep, all that time and energy and authorly research is very possibly wasted. ~Sad sighs~ 

However, a big shout out to fab author, Kate Hill. She featured a *story sample* from BLACK CAT BEAUTY at her blog on January 17th. ~http://kate-hill.com/compellingbeastsblog~ 

~~~~~~ 

BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5506268940242484050

Run on the Wild Side of Romance  



Kisses, Savanna Kougar

No comments:

Post a Comment