Thursday, June 9, 2016

Love Will Find You... and Cover Art Progress

  
Originally posted at SHAPESHIFTER SEDUCTION.

Howls and yowls, shapeshifter lovers.

Summery greetings from the tame prairie...the yard rabbits are hopping through the tall grass and greenery...the deer have their regular travel route, which includes my surrounding acreage, and the front yard...sometimes, I hear the bucks snorting back and forth...and it's getting hotter, as far as temps...several weeks ago I saw two nearly full-grown wild turkeys strutting by, not fifty feet from the front door...that was a first.

Anyway, only the last chapter of WAITING FOR A FILLY GIRL remains to be revised/edited. As I said before, this is an erotic sex scene where my heroine, Keina, is giving Drev, his Christmas Eve present.

Also, I've been working on a longer blurb, and one of those condensed, few-line promos. This is what I have so far.

A passion that cannot be denied...

A woman banished from her realm...

A man who will fight for love no matter the cost...

~~~

BLURB: Drev Zander, ex super-soldier, built a new life in Wolf Peak Territory. His traumatic past is fading. On the Guardian Team, he battles sinister enemies threatening the shapeshifter community. After a mysterious Pegasus ruins his T-day plans, Drev finds the woman he's been waiting for. Will she rule his heart?

Keina Svonj, winged horse shifter, is banished from her realm. The dastardly Prince convinced the King. Flying above the Montana forest, Keina interferes with a hunter. She mind-melds with him, and realizing her mistake, makes amends. Passion explodes between them. Love follows. Will Drev save her from a forced marriage?


Tagline: Ex super-soldier boy meets winged filly girl. Will they live happily ever after? In Wolf Peak Territory anything is possible.

~~~

And... DRUMROLL, PLEASE... I've been experimenting with creating my own cover art. I've always loved anything artsy, and have a bit of talent I've never really developed, as far as painting, drawing, etc. Of course, coming up with good cover art, is much more than being an artist-creative type. So, we'll see.

Above is what I came up with, so far, using the *befunky photo editor*. I like the results, but have no idea if anyone else would... I want to add a couple of other images, and no, I don't know what I'm doing...but will proceed nonetheless. I did add text I like, but couldn't get rid of the original textbox. ~sighs~

On the good news side, I purchased a Wordperfect 12 CD, which installed just fine on the new/used computer. Those CDs are hard to find, and the Kougar paid well for it...but at least, it works. Yeah, I tried OpenOffice, which is good in certain ways...however Wordperfect is just easier to use for this Big Cat.

Also, the prologue I wrote of Keina arriving on Earth from her dimension-realm, Equirion, is now Chapter One. Here's a preview of the first seven paragraphs.

~~~~~~

Chapter One:
Love Will Find You

The Realm of Equirion,
Home To a Race of Winged Horse Shapeshifters
November 2015, Earth Calendar Time


"You will regret this punishment. I am innocent." Keina tilted her chin in defiance, even as she obediently walked toward the King's travel portal, a gateway to several dimensions.

"Let us hope when you return, Keina, love will find you. It is past time you were happily mated." The King's sonorous, all-knowing voice rang through the castle chamber.

How dare he! Flubergastov, she cursed. It's not as though I've hoof-kicked love away.
As she waited for the crystal key to be inserted, Keina folded her arms. She chomped down on the bit that was her rising fury. No good would be served if she threw a rip-snorting tantrum.

But what am I? The Queen of Being Banished?

Still, Earth did have its delights, as she'd been forced discover. What did excite her, though. During her last trip to the blue-marble planet, she'd discovered a haven for shapeshifters—located inside the state of Montana.

The portal's entry-point appeared, and Keina stepped into a narrow hallway inside an ancient Atlantean temple. An instant of dizziness hit her, unusual, but likely caused by her extreme distress, her seething anger.  


 ~~~~~~

BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5506268940242484050  
Wishing you romance on the wild side…  

Kisses, Savanna Kougar


No comments:

Post a Comment