Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sensual Sabotage...Futuristic First Person WIP


I stumbled onto this cool cowboy pic the other day, which fits with my WIP, Wild Card Woman. 

FEATURED AT SHAPESHIFTER SEDUCTION

Summer howls and yowls, shapeshifter lovers.

Here’s hoping your summer is going well. I’m grateful the heat has abated on the tame prairie, at least temporarily. High heat and humanity, yeah, no fun and so draining.

The other day, while trekking back from the mailbox, I saw the most beautiful large butterfly with leopard spots on the upper part of the wing. Then, a cardinal girl was a few feet away from me when I looked out my west-facing window. She was perched in my young peach tree...which did have a few peaches start growing this year, but apparently they weren’t strong enough to withstand the Spring rainstorms. Oh, and at the end of my drive I saw two young rabbits, probably about four months old. They’re adorable, of course. And not to forget the cutest little toad, who was sitting on my window sill during the recent nice rains we had...thank goodness, we needed that rain, and we need more.

Okay then, while waiting on WAITING FOR A FILLY GIRL’s cover art, I’ve started a futuristic erotic romance. The heroine’s POV is being written in first person. Likely, I’ll do the hero’s POV in third person.

Hope springs eternal that this story will be novella sized. That is, assuming I continue. I’ve got such a huge WIP backup. Also, I’ve done some work on my WIP, Wild Card Woman [tentative title]. This is my heroine, who unexpectedly time travels, and her six cowboys, who live in the future. 


~~~~~~ 
 
Just for grins, here’s the raw unedited first chapter of my latest WIP, tentatively titled: Sensual Sabotage.

Earth Colony Seven Nautilus 
Earth Year Calendar, 2072


Chapter One

"The exodus," I mutter to myself, and roll my eyes. Hardly a surprise, given last night's blatant manipulation of the central voting computer.

Yeah, you had to be deaf, dumb, blind, and aerosol-drugged to the gills to believe the final count wasn't rigged, and rigged bigtime. Meet the new tyranny same as the old tyranny. Only worse.

The flashing numbers on the monster screen still beat against the back of my sleep-deprived eyeballs. Ouch.

I squint, hoping the image will fade. Half-turning, I pretend to casually glance at the line of people forming behind me.

All of us wait our turn to step inside the neighborhood's transport kiosk. Good thing, I made travel reservations early. Less suspicion about *my activities*, and I'd been able to prove to the centralist guard at my apartment that my digital papers were in perfect order. 


 ~~~~~~ 

BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5506268940242484050  
Wishing you romance on the wild side…  

Kisses, Savanna Kougar

No comments:

Post a Comment